Before you begin to sell products, its important to create and layout a plan of your ideas. Brainstorm your plan in a document, on a whiteboard, or even in the cloud. Come up with all expected startup costs and also costs that can be reoccurring. Determine what types of products (or services) you’d like to offer, spend time researching suppliers and chart how the operation would flow from the beginning (manufacturer or point of origin) to the customer. To gauge your competitiveness, look at comparable products and services, and see how much they charge. Be sure to review a competitor’s products in detail to understand each and every advantage and disadvantage. Then, use this information to profile your prospective customers and determine how you are going to reach them. All this planning should ultimately help you decide on your short term and long term goals. Don’t forget to include deadlines as part of your goal planning.
After you have established a plan, assess how you are going to manage the cash flow and if financing will be needed. (You don’t want to run out of money in the middle of things!)
Ecommerce Business Plan Checklist
Make sure you have address all of these before you begin selling
- Have a company or individual strategy that includes goals and objectives.
- Write a short description of the products you will sell along with reasons why.
- Create a profile of your target customers
- Create a marketing plan. Include methods you will use to increase sales.
- Assess operational details such as managing financials, website, inventory, etc..
- Aanalyze financial details and funding. For example, will this business be profitable? How long will it take for the business to become profitable?
- Include timetables as part of your goal planning
Remember: don’t forget your vision and what you really want to achieve! Good Luck!